Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tulio at the Hotel Vintage Park

I just sat down at the restaurant in the Hotel Vintage Park, Tulio. My first impression of it: civilized, cozy, feminine, not modern (just like the hotel it is in). I was drawn here because I took a quick look at the room service menu and saw a single word that immediately caught my attention and with that, I decided that I would have to try the restaurant here before I checked out today. That word was burrata.

I have written about this sacred word before. Burrata is a traditional type of Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. Burrata is maybe the reason why I love Keste Pizza & Vino so much.

Here at Tulio, the menu offered a Beet Salad served with burrata, plums, frisse, and beet vinaigrette. I sat down, read the entire menu just to be thurough, and ordered the promising burrata salad.
What happened once the salad came, and I finished photographing it, can only be described with happy, mumbling, chewing sounds. So I'll leave it at that. And a strong recommendation to visit Tulio if you ever find yourself hungry in downtown Seattle.

No comments:

Post a Comment