Monday, July 5, 2010

Traveling From Seattle to San Antonio

Traveling is great and I'm usually the first to say yes to any proposition to leave town but I'm starting to feel like everything is the same everywhere you go. This week I went to Seattle and then to San Antonio, two places that couldn't be more different, and yet, as soon as I stepped into my room at the Hotel Contessa in San Antonio I had the feeling that I was in my room at the Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle that I had just checked out of that morning. At first it was little things, like the rings that hold up the shower curtain, and the lamp shades, all the same. And then as I explored some more I found even more obviously similar things.

I photographed this phone in the lobby of the Hotel Vintage Park in Seattle:
And I photographed this phone by the elevator bank at the Hotel Contessa in San Antonio:
Same phone, different color. The brand is even the same. And this got me wondering, is there one store where hotel decorators buy this stuff? I mean, one chain of stores that service hotels all over the country? Whatever the answer is, I'm still gonna keep searching out new places. And I'll keep writing about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment