Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Seattle So Far

So far Seattle has been great.

(But before I get into that, I have to preface this post with some bad news. I left my fancy new touch screen snap on smile camera at home. Boo-hoo! So instead of forgoing all photographic documentation of this lovely place I am making due with what I have: my iPhone camera. And as Jimmy has recently reminded me, the best camera is the one you have on you.)

Now, on to the Seattle part of the post. Tonight I went for a walk to find a treat to eat. I do this every time I come to Seattle and every time the result is the same: failure. But still I try. The problem is that everything closes here - at least in downtown Seattle where I'm staying - at eight or nine pm. I know, crazy. Makes no sense. I do most of my spending after dark, doesn't everyone? Well apparently not here. Anyway, while I was out I took in some of the sights and a bit of window shopping too.

Betsey Johnson on 5th Avenue stands out a bit between the Louis Vuitton monogram tennis shoes and the empty Hermes jewelry display, but in a good way.
Here's where the nice camera would have really made a difference. Look at this photo, but pretend that you can see every color between fuchsia and cerulean in the sky, that's what it really looked like.
Yes, I consider the flowers outside the Four Seasons Hotel a "sight."
And of course hand-made chocolate also falls under that category.
And this last one is of a decoration - I assume - in the lobby of my hotel, the Hotel Vintage Park. Good looking phone, right? Makes me wonder why we ever stopped using them. But then again, it can't double as a camera.
Oh, and I solved the sweet-tooth problem. Room service. Two very plain words that transform into one of the most fantastic terms in the English language. Room service. I will never tire of saying it or of partaking in it.

4 comments:

  1. Images always contain more information than you think. What was remembered with your eyes can be recovered. Awesome pictures, by the way! My favorite is the first one with the Betsy Johnson mannequin.

    http://dev.herereadthis.com/img_2207_new.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you made that pic look so awesome! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please Katie, the picture was already awesome; it just needed a little boost in color. Better cameras only make the picture-taking process easier. What matters and what has always mattered is the person who takes the picture.

    ReplyDelete