Monday, May 17, 2010

Excuse Me Sir, I'm Looking For A Young Man In A Bow-Tie: This Week's Gossip Girl Recap

It's the SEASON FINALE!

Before I watch and find out what happens, before I analyze and recap the clothes, before I write this post, I have to say: Blair and Chuck. Oh Blair and Chuck! I am always and forever rooting for you, Blair and Chuck, Chuck and Blair. But we shall see how this all goes for our pair.

Blair's floral wrap dress is another great one. The colors, the shape, the fit; it's all perfect.

I have mixed feelings about the sleeveless green trapeze pea coat though. Is that how you would describe it? Who knows. Anyway, it was a nice color but those shoulder pads are not for Blair. Didn't she famously say that they overwhelm her delicate frame? They do, B. A green item I do not have mixed feelings about: the lime green pumps. Hideous. I don't care if they are Louboutin's. They are ugly. But somehow because of that, they are appropriate for a field trip to Brooklyn.

Georgina's Russian get-up is as ridiculous as her fake accent and her weave is worse then Jenny's. Tonight, Rufus' hair is the best (i.e. least-worst) Humphrey hair.

OK I'm at the half way point and I have to pause the clothes recap to say that I hate Jenny Humphrey. How dare she kiss Chuck on the night of the great Blair and Chuck reunion! Skank!

Back to the fashion: Serena's accessories in the hospital are gorgeous but inappropriate as usual. (I want those purple rhinestone earrings!) And I have to say, for a girl that never goes clubbing she is always dressed for one. I guess if you are Serena, you can treat any place like a steamy night club, even a coat check room, even a hospital.

Back to the show: Oh my god, Jenny and Chuck had sex?! WTF! This can't be! How did this happen? No way they drank that much. No way.

Fashion: About Jenny's shoes in the crying hospital chapel scene: divine. Closed bootie on the inside, t-strap on the outside; what designer thought of this genius half-and-half creation? I must find out!

Show: And now Dan punched Chuck just as he's about to propose to Blair?! This is too much for me to take. I can't.

Fashion: And then there's Georgina. Oh, Georgina, to wear sparkly spandex is one thing (that Serena knows a lot about), but to wear sparkly spandex over your pregnant belly? This is never under any circumstances allowed and for that you are now banished back to Russia. Forever.

I can't even talk about fashion anymore. Chuck just got shot. This is too over the top. Oh and the thieves have the ring! This is the most depressing cliff-hanger EVER. Last year's season finale was so sweet. How I long for that time again. But now, now there is nothing. With all the couples broken up, Dan a daddy, and Chuck wounded, drunk, and alone in Prague or wherever; there is no light at the end of this bleak tunnel. Only an evil Georgina spawn, and an endless summer of loneliness for Blair in Paris.

Oh Chuck and Blair, why can't you ever get it together?

So there was no fashion winner for tonight's show. There are only losers. And now we wait.

Until next season, Au revoir.

2 comments:

  1. Totes with you on the peacoat and shoe situations. And on Jenny Humphrey. And on the depressing ending. I am still in shock.

    I hope next season we get some new characters, otherwise Dan and Serena will get together again, and Nate and uglyface, eh hem, I mean, Vanessa will, too! But new characters that stick. Not like Carter, or Lizzy McGuire, or that douchebag drug dealer, or that Archibald Senator. And I HOPE they 86 Georgina once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Uglyface, eh hem, I mean, Vanessa"

    HAHA!

    ReplyDelete