Friday, May 14, 2010

Celebrity Sighting!

Oh my god, you won't believe it but I just saw Jason Schwartzman on 13th Street and 1st Avenue!


What's that? Not surprised? Well, I guess it's not like I saw Tom Cruise or Lady Gaga or Jill Zarin but I think Jason Schwartzman is pretty big. Anyway, here's what happened:

He was there in the middle of the street wearing a suit jacket that came down to his knees - he's a little guy - and he was pacing back and fourth as I spotted him from the sidewalk. I kept walking but kept my eyes on him, studying him to reaffirm in my mind that he was who I thought he was. Forget the camera crew and the lights and everything, I wanted to be sure for myself. And then, as I was just about to pass him, he looks me right in the eye and says, "Hey you!" Panicked but trying to act cool I say, "Yes, Jason?" "Come over here," he says, "Bring her over," he says to the camera person standing near me. I carefully step over all the chords laying across the street as I approach him - to trip and fall in front of a celebrity is not what I had planned for the evening. "Do you like the Opera?" he asks. "What?" "The opera," he says again, "I'll be going tonight with Ted Danson and his lady-friend and I need a date. I can't stand being the third wheel and even though Ted says it's fine I know it's not, you know?" "Yes. Oh." I say, "Well, I have a boyfriend?" "Hm," he thinks, "Well, I guess never mind then." "Ok," I say, "Thanks." And that was it. He gave me one nod and then looked away. He started to pace again and so I walked away.

3 comments:

  1. No... Honestly I saw him and just kept walking. Taking my phone out for a picture seemed super tacky. And I was trying to act cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i CAN'T believe you turned down a date with Jason Schwartzman!!!! i'm sure robin would have understood!

    ReplyDelete