Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Top 5 List Of Cute Bike Handlebar Bags

Today I decided to scour the internet for the perfect bike handlebar bag. Here is what I found out: There are a variety of cute bike handlebar bags out there. All of the cute ones are WAY overpriced. None of the cute ones come in all black.

So, I am totally undecided and leaning towards asking for a custom made Jimmy K. Designs bike handlebar bag – cause if you are gonna spend the big bucks, you might as well get what you really want.

However, I don’t want to put my research to waste, so here is my list of the top five cute bike handlebar bags out there, ordered by price:

1. Alexandra Cassaniti makes two options priced at $120 and $96 respectively. They are for sale at Ooga Booga which is a lot of fun to say. I like the prints of these bags but I’m looking for something simple, so they are out.


2. Tokyo Fixed Gear has this bag for sale for 80 Euros (about $102). It is made by Ccp and comes in three muted (boring but not easily matchable) color combos. For just over a bill, I think I’m looking for something more.


3. There’s an Etsy store I like called Death & Texas that has one cute handlebar bag for sale – and by sale I mean the steep designer price of $95. Isn’t Etsy stuff supposed to be cheaper then retail? I also get the feeling that this was just copied from the Alexandra Cassaniti one above.


4. And then there are these three bags that collectively have a 5% chance of actually matching your bike. They are made by Po Campo and are sold at the bargain rate of $92. I’d consider the silver one, but I know I’d regret it later. I’m just a sucker for anything shiny.


5. And finally the most affordable option comes from Acorn Bags. Their small front bag as they call it is only $50. However what you make up for in price you sacrifice in style – this is unfortunately a universal law of fashion. These bags look a little old, no?


So I guess there isn’t a perfect bag out there after all. The search continues…

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this post, I might be able to help soon!! I am working hard to make a super cute, water resistant one, I make bags now all in Colorado and have been wanting one myself and of course have been asked my many of my friends to make a "cute" handle bar bag!!
    I will post again when it is ready, at www.olovesm.com

    I am working to make it under $50 too BTW!!

    ReplyDelete