Thursday, February 25, 2010

Leaving Town

At this time tomorrow I’ll be getting on a Cathay Pacific Boeing 747 headed for Hong Kong. That is the plan. But as I noted in my last post, this weather were having in New York City really sucks. Will it snow? Will it rain? Will it accumulate? Will the flight be cancelled or delayed and will I be on time for my dinner reservations at Hutong once the flight has landed? This is the part of the narrative where there is a wrench thrown in the gear set.

There are only 7 possible plot lines in existence. For all the options, last minute decisions, delays, changes of heart, promises, actions, and barricades, there are never more then 7 ways that the story can go. This is the part of the story where were climbing Freytag’s pyramid and were almost to the top, awaiting, dreading, craving the climax. The orchestra is playing and it’s playing faster and faster; the bumble bee buzzes a shrinking spiral around your head coming closer and closer to swiping your earlobes on the way by each time. How will this end!?

I have to wait. No amount of internet searches and phone calls will bring the climax to my door step any faster.

If the plan is not derailed I will be seeing Hong Kong and Thailand for the first time. I’m going to take a lot of pictures and eat my meals slowly so that I can describe them in detail here on my blog. I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for the whale sharks as they pass by Thailand on their yearly journey around the globe. Maybe I will even see fireworks in Hong Kong. I’ve heard they have a fireworks show over the marina every single night.

In Thailand we will be staying at Zeavola on the island of Phi Phi Don, the northern island in the pair of Phi Phi islands. I’ll be there for a week, internet questionable, so this may be my last post for a little while. But hopefully when I return I will have up to 7 Asian and Southeast Asian plot lines to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment