Thursday, April 15, 2010

People's Pops Opens Today In The Chelsea Market

Today was the grand opening of the People's Pops in the Chelsea Market and the People showed up! In case you don't know, the People's Pops are fresh, local fruit popsicles and shaved ice - according to their blog. According to my blog the pops and shaved ice are delicious, refreshing, and memorable. The next cupcake? Maybe. And that really means something if you know how much I loved cupcakes in 2007.


At the peak of the day the line snaked through the market for free shave ice while supplies lasted and of course there were popsicles for sale as well. Today's shave ice flavors were organic lemon and sweet rhubarb. Today's fresh popsicle flavors were raspberry and organic cream, rhubarb and spice, blackberry and lemon verbena, sour cherry and blackberry, and rhubarb and ginger. I had the raspberry and organic cream and enjoyed it so much that I considered asking for another but opted to save my appetite for dinner.


Dave, one of the People's Pops founders, was working the counter when I showed up tonight. He was friendly and helpful and said that the rhubarb and ginger pop tasted exactly like rhubarb pie. Sounds good to me.


So if you are headed to the west side be sure to stop by this popsicle stand - oh, and don't forget to tip!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that picture with the half-eaten popsicle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was so yummy I didn't want to stop eating it to photograph it, but I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete