Saturday, July 17, 2010

Allsaints (the Perfect Store) Spitalfields

I believe that I found the perfect store today: Allsints Spitalfields. Not since I was a goth teen visiting Trash and Vaudeville for the first time have I experienced what I experienced today. Every single item of clothing looked like it was not only made for me, but like it was made from the images in my mind of what I have always wanted to look like.
I pulled down shirt after shirt after dress after dress and each seemed more suited to my exact taste than the last. It got to be a little bit embarrassing carrying the growing mound of clothes through the store like a bag lady.
And then the dilemma of narrowing it down! Usually I try on clothes and immediately discard them based on poor cut or construction. Not the case here. I looked great in every piece that I tried on because they were thankfully cut with real humans (not runway models) in mind.
I should mention at this point that the clothes I tried on ranged in price from $40 to $240, and that's with the 50% markdown for the summer sale, kinda pricey (the one downfall of this store). I ended up buying these two sale items.
Allsaints Spitalfields is located at 512 Broadway, between Broome and Spring Streets in SoHo.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you posted this! I have been really wanting to pop in, but I find these Soho shops so intimidating! I love the pieces your picked up! I also like that these have the style similiar to Vivienne Westwood's Anglomania, but half the price!

    ReplyDelete